It's taken me a little while this year to find the right word, then it came to me in the last few days of my pregnancy when I was still waiting, waiting, WAITING for the Trojan Hero to put in an appearance -
I made the decision then, to savour the time that was left instead of fretting that it wasn't passing quicker. To find joy and contentment and to just EXPERIENCE it all to the fullest.
Now I realise that wasn't just my most important job to do then, but for the whole year.
So this year I am going to -
- savour the chaos, the upheaval, the loud and the disorganised.
- savour these last teen years of Saurus's as he heads irrevokeably into manhood
- savour Roo as he teeters on the brink of teenage-hood
- savour every frumpy grump with which Wig sees fit to favour us
- savour Fluff as he hovers on the brink of fluent reading
- savour Petal's bossy demeanour of being 'oh so grown up' one minute, 'oh so not' the next
- savour Dot as she stuffs in every toddlerish behaviour she can think off before she's four
- savour this last, gorgeous, beautiful baby
- savour these baby and small person times as they pass
- savour these older children and teenage years as they come to be
- savour each breath, whether it be taken calmly or - not so calmly!